How to Select and Apply Power Connector
Connector connection plug-ins are electronic components that are common in modern manufacturing manufacturing applications and are essential in improving manufacturing. The connector is not necessary to say in the application of electronic products in our production and life. The electronic products that leave the connector are nothing to do. Although it is the main body, the connector is only an accessory, but the two importance are the same. Especially in the time of realizing the information transmission of electromechanical equipment, it also shows the important role of the connector.
First, because the importance of connector connectors highlights the importance of its own quality.
The important role of its play also needs to benefit from the reliable quality of its products. Choosing high-quality connector products is the key to determining the quality of our production life. On the contrary, it will bring us a lot of troubles.
Second, how to choose and apply the connector connector?
In the selection and application, we must make the necessary choices and screenings so that we can truly find the products we need most, and we can really play the role of connectors in our lives.
Take a look at the quality and standards of its dedicated connector production, which is also a standard for product evaluation.
1. Structure size: The external dimensions of the connector are very important. There is a certain space limitation in the connection of the product, especially the connector on the board, which cannot interfere with other components. Choose the appropriate installation method according to the space and installation location (with front and rear installations, screws, clamps, rivets or quick locks on the connector itself) and shape (straight, curved, T) Type, round, square);
2. Impedance matching: Some signals have impedance requirements, especially RF signals. The impedance matching requirements are more stringent. When the impedance is not matched, it will cause signal reflection, which will affect the signal transmission. General signal transmission has no special requirements on the impedance of the connector.
3. Shielding: With the development of communication products, EMC has received more and more attention. The connector is required to have a metal casing. At the same time, the cable needs to have a shielding layer. The shielding layer should be connected with the metal casing of the connector to achieve shielding. The effect can also be injection molding, the plug part is wrapped with copper, and the shield of the cable is welded with the copper.
4, anti-missing: anti-missing has two aspects: on the one hand is the connector itself, the connector itself rotates 180 degrees, misplaced error connection causes the signal to be wrongly connected, at this time need to pay attention to choose the anti-missing connector as much as possible, or through Adjusting the relative positional relationship of the connectors to make the assembly unique; on the other hand, for the purpose of reducing the material type, several signals use the same connector, and it is possible to insert the A plug into the B plug. If such a situation causes serious consequences (non-simple alarms, destructive), the A and B interfaces must be selected as different types of outlets.
5, connector reliability: the connector is used to connect the signal, so the connection part should be reliable (such as surface contact is better than point contact, pinhole type is better than leaf spring type, etc.)
6. Use environment: When the connector is used in outdoor, indoor, high temperature, high humidity, salt spray, mold, cold and other environments, the connector has special requirements.
7. Versatility: In the selection process of the connector, it is necessary to select common objects as much as possible. Especially between the series of products, the choice of connectors has strong versatility, reducing the types of materials, increasing the quantity and reducing the cost, and reducing the supply. Goods risk.
8. Locking function: In order to prevent the connector from falling off when it is fitted, it is necessary to ensure that the connector has a locking function.
9. Cost: Cost is also an important factor in the selection process. As the market competition becomes more and more fierce, the appropriate choice of connectors, the cost of the connector itself and the processing cost need to be considered comprehensively.
10. Availability: The supply of connectors will be affected by many factors. The general connector will be better than the non-universal connector, and the domestic production will be better than the domestic production.
11, plug frequency
12, the connector in the external material design can better reflect its environmental performance, because the external environment is extremely complex, so adapt to these complex environments, can ensure the performance of its performance, otherwise it will not work well There may also be dangers. Now there are many harsh environments. There are many types of connectors for the harsh environment in the connector design. This can be selected according to actual needs. Among them, high temperature, high humidity, corrosion resistance, salt resistance and other environments have finished products. for selection.
13. Because the main quality of the connector is internal, especially the internal circuit, this is not visible to the naked eye, so you must remember to look at the brand and appearance when purchasing, it is best to ask for warranty.
The production process of connector connectors is more and more specialized, with more technical elements, and will be more adaptable to the market for diversified and humanized research and development, to meet more environmental standards.
If you are interested in our products, please contact us.（http://www.fdragtech.com/）